Business Continuity Plans (BCPs)
Strategic Crisis Management Plan:
The Client: the North and East Africa Area Head Office of (UK FTSE 100) company that provides industrial power solutions to remote mines sites in challenging environments.
Project: the client required Russell Philips Limited to draw-up a strategic plan (Crisis Management Plan (CMP)) that set-out a crisis management framework, guidelines for the top-level management of any major disruption to business operations area-wide including civil unrest contingency planning and evacuation of staff at risk.
The Client: A client operated power plant at a remote mine in Tanzania providing the only source of power on-site
Project framework: working on-site at the mine, our consultant:
- worked with subject matter experts to understand the operation of the mine and the impact if power supply were to stop, contractual tolerance to a disruption and the client’s supply chain process;
- developed an operational risk register for the power plant and set-out preparedness and response actions necessary to mitigate all threats identified;
- completed a Business Impact Analysis for the power plant operation and identified the workarounds and (enabling arrangements) should there be a disruption to a time critical activity or staff absence;
- developed comprehensive emergency response and evacuation plans;
- collated all components above into a high grade BCP which is used by the client’s Operations Supervisors as an in-house (business-as-usual) check list when they hand-over to their back-to-back before they go on home leave.